BASIC Developer & Support Resources > Interpreters

Hello to all

<< < (2/4) > >>

E.K.Virtanen:
Steve. I have studied your excellent tutorial now for many days. Eventhough i am not good with C, my personal feeling is that it should not be hard to port your C code to FreeBASIC.

Due im not sure, what you think? Would be interesting and goood for learning to port your C codes to FB.

JRS:
If your a Basic programmer and trying to learn C then download a copy of BCX and look at your translated Basic code in C.

BCX only generates what it needs and there is no static runtime to link to.

I'm currently excited about Charles's OxygenBasic JIT compiler and it's ease of use, flexibility and seemingly unlimited possibilities.

E.K.Virtanen:
Hi JRS.

For sure, i am interested to learn atleast basic's of C/C++ in future. However, currently family, job and plans of our future keeps me so busy that i can do only one out of two things in this scene.

A. Learn concept and ways to build a interpreter.
B. Learn C.

Cant do both, due i am not good enough to focus my braincells for both  ::) ;D

I decided to learn A. with basic, then possibly learn C/C++ programming by porting my basic interpreter code for it.

Steve A.:

--- Quote from: E.K.Virtanen on September 14, 2010, 01:08:55 am ---Steve. I have studied your excellent tutorial now for many days. Eventhough i am not good with C, my personal feeling is that it should not be hard to port your C code to FreeBASIC.
--- End quote ---

Probably.
I am not familiar with FreeBasic.
So, it should probably be done by someone who is familiar with it.
And, who has the available time to do it.

jcfuller:
I took a quick look and it  should port to Bcx quite well, but as you said Steve; Who has the time?

James

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version